Colin A. Bashant
December 24, 2015
Colin Bashant, 27, a resident of Ashland, Oregon, was killed in a weather related traffic accident on Saturday, December 19, 2015. Colin grew up in the Roaring Fork Valley, attending the Aspen Community School and Aspen High School, and earned a degree from the University of Colorado, Boulder. He played rugby for the Junior Gentlemen, played music with friends, and was an avid rock climber.
After graduation, Colin returned to Carbondale and enjoyed working at Sunsense Solar for 4 years. In March, 2015, Colin relocated to Ashland, Oregon, which soon became his new home. He found another great job in the solar industry with True South Solar and made many new friends. Colin and his friend Katie were on their way to meet friends for a climbing weekend when the accident occurred.
He is survived by his father, Floyd (Bonnie) Bashant, Glade Park, CO, his mother Betsy (Tim) Skszek, Saline, Michigan, and his brother Jay (Claudia), and nephew Ansel, Buckeye, AZ. A celebration of Colin's life will be held at a future date in Carbondale. As Colin would say, " No worries. It's all good."
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson