Charles A. Hutchinson
December 9, 2014
"Charlie" of Birch Run MI. passed away Tues. Nov. 18, 2014. A private service was held for the family in Michigan. Charlie moved to Aspen in 1972 to ski after attending college, Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant MI. He returned to Michigan in 2011.
Early after arriving in Aspen, he went to work for Mountain Lid, a local ski hat company. The hats were soon worn by skiers all over the world. Charlie then went on to help form Lescan, another wonderful Aspen based ski wear company. Their very innovative group of designers created a new look for skiers and Charlie was a key employee with that firm. It was Charlie's idea, during his long career with Ski Obermeyer, to hold the very well attended Obermeyer "garage sale" every summer. It was an instant success and proved to be a huge boon for the company.
A people person, Charlie will be remembered for his dry, zany wit. He was a good friend to many in the Roaring Fork Valley. Some of the things he loved about living in Colorado were his many friends, the mountains and the weather….blue skies and sunny days.
Surviving are his parents, Russell and Althea Hutchinson; brothers, Gary (Jeanne) Hutchinson, Paul (Marie) Hutchinson; nephews, nieces, great nieces, god children and friends. We will all miss having Charlie in our lives.
Contributions may be made to one's local humane society or local PBS station.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division