Bruce Rowland Collins
August 30, 2018
Bruce Rowland Collins, 54, of Rifle, Co., passed away Tuesday from complications of colon cancer treatment on 8-28-18 in Glenwood Springs, CO. He was born 1-25-1964 in Fruita, CO to Kenneth (Ed) and Betty P Collins (now in the Oaks Assisted Living in Fruita).
He grew up in Carbondale, where he graduated from Roaring Fork Highschool in 1983. He married Betty Jo Collins in 1988 at St Marys Church in Carbondale.
Bruce was a dedicated businessman who owned and ran Custom Structural Steel since 1989 and his work is everywhere through out the Roaring Fork Valley.
Bruce was proceeded in death by his father, oldest brother Jim Collins (Kathy Collins now in Texas) oldest sister Diana (Roy-still in Fruita) Bailey of Fruita. He is survived by his sister Barbara Gail Botkin (Ed Botkin), and brother Kenneth C Collins (Julie Collins) of Grand Junction and wife, and 3 children, Benjamin, Mark and Jacklyn Collins.
Bruce was an amazing, rough and tumble guy, a man with a heart of gold, he was devoted to his wife, children, friends, family, business, God and his church family. He loved the challenges of difficult steel fabrication jobs, the outdoors, especially elk and deer hunting, fishing, hiking, and teaching kids archery!
Donations in lieu of flowers can be made to: healingstrong.org/donate or http://www.nutsandboltsfoundation.org/donate.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis