Betty Jane Jaffe Weiss
December 10, 2015
Betty Jane Jaffe Weiss of Aspen and Chicago passed peacefully on November 30, 2015 surrounded by family in Aspen, Colorado. Betty was born in Birmingham, Alabama on September 3, 1925, the daughter of Ben and Elsa (Stephens) Jaffe.
Betty lived life on her terms with a zest for learning, traveling the world, creating art, celebrating dance and exploring all things of interest with exuberance. She was an inspiration to many as a role model, mentor and philanthropist. Betty has started her next journey with palettes of color, music and dance.
Betty was preceded in death by her brother Eugene Jaffe and her sister Judith Jaffe Seidel. Betty married the late Robert Weiss and is survived by their four children Julie Weiss Murad (Elizabeth, CO), Kathy Weiss (Carbondale, CO), David Weiss (Amy) (Longmont, CO), Eli Weiss (Woody Creek, CO), her grandchildren Jihan Murad, Danny Weiss and Kayli Weiss and many nieces and nephews. The family expresses its deep gratitude to the many caregivers who helped Betty in the last few years, most notably, Joanne Papenfus.
A celebration of Betty's life will be held at the Hotel Jerome in Aspen, Colorado on January 10, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. In lieu of flowers the family requests that donations be made in Betty's memory to the Aspen Santa Fe Ballet, the Red Brick Center for the Arts or the charity of your choice.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman