Antoinette R. Jaworski, 87
February 6, 2019
NEW CASTLE — Antoinette (D'Arcangelo) Jaworski, 87, died Oct. 30, 2018, in Carbondale after a period of declining health.
She was the wife of the late Alexander M. Jaworski, who died in 1969.
Antoinette was born in Milford, Massachusetts, the youngest of nine brothers and sisters, and graduated high school there.
She earned an associate's degree from New York City Community College in 1955 and was a dental hygienist before marrying and raising two children.
Moving out West to New Castle in 2002, she enjoyed the Roaring Fork Valley while living out her not-so-quiet final years.
She will be remembered by some as an adorable elder — thoughtful, generous, fun and social; by others still as a pariah — paranoid, righteous, and confrontational. To these undisputed claims, her family adds that she was often a loving mother and grandmother.
She is survived by two sons, Alex M. Jaworski of Los Angeles, and Stephen Jaworski of Aspen; one brother, Domenic D'Arcangelo of Rhode Island; two grandchildren, Allison and Samantha of Aspen; many nieces and nephews.
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- Snowmass Club, Aspen Shakti, three other businesses say Aspen Club has not paid them in months
- Arapahoe Basin chief operating officer shares reasons for breakup with Vail Resorts