Alfred Joseph Crowley Jr.
December 13, 2016
Alfred Joseph Crowley, Jr., known as "Freddy" by all who loved him, died Monday December 5, 2016 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico at the age of 69. Born in Massachusetts on December 18, 1946, Freddy, a Marine combat veteran, was awarded 3 Purple Hearts, the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal and the National Defense Service Medal for his service in Vietnam. He lived a long and colorful life, marked most significantly by his steadfast commitment to the communities he lived in and served-former Pitkin County Commissioner, dedicated veteran, lifelong volunteer and Elks member, beloved brother, uncle, and friend. Fred had a special ability to bring all of his considerable energy to the task at hand, and despite his 'gruff' demeanor, wore his heart on his sleeve. Memories of time spent with Fred are memories filled with surprise, delight, and laughter. Fred is survived by his sister Miriam Kelly of Pasadena, California, brother Paul of Glenwood Springs, nieces Raegan, Kerith and Catherine Kelly and nephew Brendan Kelly. He will be missed.
A celebration of Fred's life will be held on Wednesday, 21 December at 1pm at Aspen Elks Lodge #224, 510 E. Hyman Ave., Aspen, Colorado.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow