National parks are free Monday for Presidents Day
The Denver Post
National parks across the nation, including the six in Colorado, will be free Monday in celebration of Presidents Day.
Future free days to look forward to are April 15-16 and 22-23 for National Park Week, Aug. 25 for National Park Service’s birthday, Sept. 30 for National Public Lands Day and Nov. 11-12 for Veterans Day weekend.
Trying to find a hiking game? I suggest a presidents’ edition of 20 questions (If you really want to stump them, hit them with Millard Fillmore or any of the other forgotten presidents).
The full list of Colorado’s national parks are:
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park (Gunnison)
- Colorado National Monument (near Grand Junction)
- Dinosaur National Monument (northwest border of Colorado and Utah)
- Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument (Florissant east of Colorado Springs)
- Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve (Mosca in southern Colorado)
- Mesa Verde National Park (East of Cortez in southern Colorado)
- Rocky Mountain National Park (Estes Park)
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.