National parks are free Monday for Presidents Day
The Denver Post
National parks across the nation, including the six in Colorado, will be free Monday in celebration of Presidents Day.
Future free days to look forward to are April 15-16 and 22-23 for National Park Week, Aug. 25 for National Park Service’s birthday, Sept. 30 for National Public Lands Day and Nov. 11-12 for Veterans Day weekend.
Trying to find a hiking game? I suggest a presidents’ edition of 20 questions (If you really want to stump them, hit them with Millard Fillmore or any of the other forgotten presidents).
The full list of Colorado’s national parks are:
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park (Gunnison)
- Colorado National Monument (near Grand Junction)
- Dinosaur National Monument (northwest border of Colorado and Utah)
- Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument (Florissant east of Colorado Springs)
- Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve (Mosca in southern Colorado)
- Mesa Verde National Park (East of Cortez in southern Colorado)
- Rocky Mountain National Park (Estes Park)
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.