National Day of Prayer Task Force
Today marks the 65th annual National Day of Prayer, a congressional day of observance held on the first Thursday of May.
Below are several National Day of Prayer events occurring locally.
• 6 a.m: Prayer at New Hope Church in New Castle.
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: National Day of Prayer time in Paepcke Park on East Hopkins Avenue.
• 12 to 1 p.m.: Multi-church prayer event at the Glenwood Springs Courthouse.
• 12 p.m.: Prayer gathering at New Creation Church in Glenwood Springs.
• 1:30 p.m.: Pastors’ prayer time at First Baptist Church in New Castle.
• 6:30 p.m.: Prayer time on Mt. Medaris Loop in New Castle.
• 6:30 p.m.: Prayer and worship at Crossroads Church Aspen, 720 W. Francis St.
For more information on the National Day of Prayer Task Force, visit http://www.nationaldayofprayer.org.
Members of the valley’s Jewish community gathered at the Albright Pavilion at Aspen Meadows Thursday for their second annual menorah lighting ceremony to celebrate and acknowledge the first day of Hanukkah.