Police: Student ate more pot than recommended
December 15, 2014
DENVER — Authorities say a Wyoming college student who jumped to his death from a Denver hotel balcony ate more than the recommended serving of a marijuana cookie.
Police reports released Thursday said 19-year-old Levy Thamba Pongi consumed a little more than one cookie that his friend purchased from a pot shop.
The reports say a clerk told his friends to cut it into six pieces and eat one piece at a time. The friends did so, but it's unclear from the reports whether Pongi heard the advice.
Pongi's friends told investigators he began speaking erratically in French and pulling things off walls. Authorities say he then jumped to his death.
An autopsy report from the March 11 incident lists marijuana intoxication as a significant contributing factor in the death.
Trending In: Marijuana
- High Country: Stillwater Brands is here to change your cannabis consumption game
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape
- Aspen marijuana shops sold $11.3 million in 2017, topping liquor stores for first time
- Cannabis Calling: Ryan Sterling’s Rise From Bartender to Budtender to CEO
- High Country: Gonzo lives on at NORML’s Aspen Legal Seminar
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility
- Pitkin County to prompt valley-wide recycling changes, looking to end drop-off sites