Police: Student ate more pot than recommended
December 15, 2014
DENVER — Authorities say a Wyoming college student who jumped to his death from a Denver hotel balcony ate more than the recommended serving of a marijuana cookie.
Police reports released Thursday said 19-year-old Levy Thamba Pongi consumed a little more than one cookie that his friend purchased from a pot shop.
The reports say a clerk told his friends to cut it into six pieces and eat one piece at a time. The friends did so, but it's unclear from the reports whether Pongi heard the advice.
Pongi's friends told investigators he began speaking erratically in French and pulling things off walls. Authorities say he then jumped to his death.
An autopsy report from the March 11 incident lists marijuana intoxication as a significant contributing factor in the death.
Trending In: Marijuana
- A Complete Guide to Aspen’s Downtown Dispensaries
- High Country: Stillwater Brands is here to change your cannabis consumption game
- Approval granted for Green Dragon to change hands
- High Buy: LEVO II Oil-Infusion Machine
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- River Valley Ranch Golf in Carbondale gets new owner
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases