Love and snow in the air
Each week we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets about Aspen (at least those that are printable) and publish them on Sunday’s page A2. Here’s what we found — in their unedited form — last week:
• “Congratulations to sharp dressed James & Ricardo on their #civilunion held today in #Aspen! A first for Pitkin County!” — @pitkinclerk
• “Tim Tebow isn’t going to be a quarterback in the NFL so he might as well come to Aspen so I can plug him into the social pipeline.” — @Mr_Christmas
• “Was totally unaware that aspen is in Colorado” — @juliacichon
• “May Day snow in #Aspen. What month is it again?” — @Skicom
• “This is no May Fools day joke in #Aspen. It really is dumping!” — @AspenCO
• “It’s déjà vu all over again … Blizzard on our way to Aspen for the winter… Blizzard on our way back to easthampton for the summer” — @JimmyMinardi
• “only 26 days until I can spend my summer in Aspen….couldn’t be more excited!!” — @KeepkalmKerryon
• “Thank you Aspen for rocking out with us last night, Boulder we raging with you tonight… Lesss goooo!!” — @maolimusic
• “Put on the summer shoes, so naturally it started snowing in Aspen on the drive home.” — @ozskier
• “Dear lady in the Aspen — if you’re going to own a car that big, learn how to drive it.” — @msprolesmartin
The Aspen Times is on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Tenants at the city’s oldest deed-restricted housing complex, Centennial Apartments, faced rent hikes as high as 30% in January that sent city, county, and APCHA officials into closed-door meetings with the relatively new landlord, Birge & Held.