What’s the Big Deal: Thomas Barrack Jr., close ally of Trump, buys Aspen home for $15.5 million
December 2, 2017
"What's the Big Deal?" runs Sundays and is based on the most expensive property transaction recorded in Pitkin County through 3 p.m. each Friday.
Price: $15.5 million
Address: 277 Eagle Park Drive, Aspen
Neighborhood: Eagle Pines
Buyer: Thomas J. Barrack Jr.
Seller: Douglas Stuart Trustee, Woody Creek Trust
Recommended Stories For You
Property type: Single-family residential
Year built: 1998
Total heated area: 10,859 square feet
Lot size: 3.94 acres
Property tax bill: $29,905.68
Worth noting: The buyer of the 5-bedroom, 7-bathroom house, Thomas Barrack Jr., was interviewed at The Aspen Institute in August in a talk titled "Insights into President Trump's Vision for the Nation." The founder and CEO of Colony Capital, Barrack Jr., a close friend of Trump's, also spoke at the 2016 Republican National Convention in Cleveland and was the chairman of the 58th Presidential Inaugural Committee.
Trending In: Local
- Wildlife officials urge anglers to stay off lower Roaring Fork, Crystal rivers after 2 p.m.
- FBI director Christopher Wray maintains Russia a threat during Aspen event
- Marble won’t allow Slow Groovin’s BBQ smoker exemption during fire restriction
- Deputy AG Rosenstein announces cyber threat measures while in Aspen
- Basalt planning commission recommends approval of latest Pan and Fork plan
- Lake Christine Fire grows nearly 800 acres, type 2 incident management team returning
- Lake Christine Fire belches smoke plume, rattles nerves on hot day
- UPDATE: Two teens dead after single-car accident near Redstone, 14-year-old airlifted to Denver
- Car break-ins along Independence Pass lead to Aspen North Face fight, felonies