What’s the Big Deal: Katie Reed Plaza lands $14.8 million
January 14, 2019
"What's the Big Deal?" runs Mondays and is based on the most expensive property transaction recorded in Pitkin County through 3 p.m. each Friday.
Date recorded: Jan. 7
Address: 301 E. Hopkins Ave.
Neighborhood: Downtown Aspen
Buyer: 301 East Hopkins Avenue LLC
Recommended Stories For You
Seller: Katie Reed Building LLC
Property type: Commercial building with two deed-restricted housing units and historic cottage
Year built: 1995
Total heated area: 20,000-plus square feet
Worth noting: Purchase of what's known as Katie Reed Plaza includes historic cottage building (built around 1890) and larger brick building that has restaurants, office space and housing units. New owner plans to redevelop main building.
Trending In: Local
- Aspen School District, HR director part ways
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis
- Alpine Bank rolls out interest-free loans during government shutdown
- Aspen government prepares to build new office building
- Frisco officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods leads to arrest