Tweet All About It: Zen there, done that
March 17, 2018
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday's page A2.
• "One of the most zen moments I've ever had: sitting in a field at the edge of an aspen grove, with Maroon Peak rising into a deep blue sky just after sunrise in #Colorado. Calm, peaceful and absolutely breathtaking." — @DaveDiCello
• "Overheard at the Ritz-Carlton in Aspen Highlands: 'No ma'am you can not take my purse, there is a dog in here… well I'll give you the purse when I take the dog out'" — @Ginny_Smith117
• "I met Dr. Hawking at Aspen Music Festival in 1995. He had been honored and given a speech that included mention of Wagner. When I told him I composed contemporary music, he told me that Wagner was about his stopping point in the history of music." — @CBCarey
• "the only thing I really want is to buy a beach house in Hilton Head, a lake house in Salt Lake City, and a cabin in Aspen and spend every weekend there" — @ItsAlliKick
• "I'm spinning for Après Ski today!! (@ chair 9 in Aspen, CO)" — @DJFolami
Recommended Stories For You
• "We added a show in ASPEN at Belly Up on June 1st to kick off the party before our Red Rocks show with The Motet! We can't wait to get funky with all you mountain-top party people!" — @BoomBox
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type "TheAspenTimes" (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what's happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Trending In: Local
- Wildlife officials urge anglers to stay off lower Roaring Fork, Crystal rivers after 2 p.m.
- FBI director Christopher Wray maintains Russia a threat during Aspen event
- Marble won’t allow Slow Groovin’s BBQ smoker exemption during fire restriction
- Deputy AG Rosenstein announces cyber threat measures while in Aspen
- Basalt planning commission recommends approval of latest Pan and Fork plan
- Lake Christine Fire grows nearly 800 acres, type 2 incident management team returning
- Lake Christine Fire belches smoke plume, rattles nerves on hot day
- UPDATE: Two teens dead after single-car accident near Redstone, 14-year-old airlifted to Denver
- Car break-ins along Independence Pass lead to Aspen North Face fight, felonies