Tweet All About It: Up, up and away
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “And just like that the week trip is over, that went by way too fast. See you next year Aspen! #skilife #aspen #xgames” — @benspiegel
• “Looking forward to some of this in Aspen. It’s been a while since I’ve been on the slopes there and played @BellyUpAspen. So excited for both! Hope to see you Tuesday for the show. It’s always exciting to play in those altitudes” — @rufuswainwright
• “I flew hot air balloons out of Aspen in the late 80’s, that’s where I learned there appeared to be two walls, the jet stream and the Rockies, that kept cold air at bay. And that’s the reason we’re staying west of the Rockies” — @iJakeReyna
• “I once listened to practically only to B.B. King for a full year. Never saw him live. I tried in Aspen but it was sold out — so I found my way to BB’s bus to ask if I could meet him. A man replied ‘Do you know how old BB is? He’s sleeping.’ love you BB. #BlackHistoryMonth” — @ericfdash
• “I’m over here tellin my sister about my Amsterdam and Aspen trips and she bragging about how she spent New Years in Tokyo and went on a ski trip in northern Japan Just sh-t on my lil trips” — @Consistent__D
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
The Aspen Institute will for the first time in its history contribute to the affordable housing inventory by offering to buy housing credits for its new Herbert Bayer center.