Tweet All About It: Spread the word, Aspen
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “Get the word out, folks. If you know someone who would like to be a volunteer firefighter, encourage them to apply online or at the downtown station! We are open for applications through March.” — @AspenFireDept
• “3,100 votes for Aspen’s municipal election=record. Turns out more people do vote in March! @cityofaspen @AspenCO” — @cabenedetti
• “A sad day for Aspen ski culture. ‘Lift One corridor project wins by 26 votes’. #aspen #skiing” — @NWRAT
• “@RepAndyHarrisMD doesn’t like Medicare for all because Medicare’s reimbursement rates will only buy him one bass boat and one condo in Aspen. He wants more money than that.” — @TheAntiTrumpAlt
• “24+ inches yesterday. So pretty it almost makes you forget your flight was cancelled…almost. #Aspen #Delta #StRegis #AspenMeadows” — @leftarmcomedy
• “Who’s coming out for our 2-night electric rock show at @BellyUpAspen March 12th + 13th? We’re talkin’ about a place where the beer flows like wine, where the women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. We’re talkin’ about #Aspen” — @moeperiod
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
Kevin Warner started his career with the U.S. Forest Service as a wilderness ranger in 2001. Now he’s taking over the key position as Aspen-Sopris District Ranger.