Tweet All About It: Something for everyone
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “Land isn’t the only way to explore Aspen. Grab a paddle board and see what the water has to offer.” — @AspenBikes
• “In 1962 Aspen was about to fail as a destination resort. Few people skied. Fred Isilen, the head of the ski school saved the resort with this film. It popularized skiing in the US and saved the Aspen resort.” — @Miss_Fedelm
• “OK…enough. Colorado, home of The Broncos, Boulder beer, The Rockies, Fat Tire beer, The Avs, Blue Moon beer, Aspen, Left Hand beer, Breckenridge, Olde Kiltlifter beer, Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, Coors beer, The United States Atomic Clock, Walnut Creek beer, Legal Marijuanha…….” — @dlindgrenmd
• “After being caught looking weak at Aspen Ideas and not knowing Brennan’s clearance pulled, how does #DanCoats not resign immediately?” — @DebM1020
• “Getting ready to leave Aspen now, which means I’ll be leaving Colorado tonight, then taking a red-eye back to New York. Where did the time go. Why can’t I stay forever.” — @keIpsea
• “Besides being able to photograph Maroon Bells, Aspen is the s——– city in CO” — @HurricaneAbe
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
The city of Aspen’s office building is exempt from paying encroachment fees, yet private developers have to now pay $9 a square foot, per month, starting in 2020.