Tweet All About It: Shout outs, white outs
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “Excited to have six local #Aspen athletes representing at the #WinterOlympics2018! Halfpipe skiers Torin Yater-Wallace and Alex Ferreira, alpine skiers Wiley Maple and Alice McKennis, and cross-country skiers Simi Hamilton and Noah Hoffman #aspengrogshop Go USA!” — AspenGrogShop
• “#snowed put up here in the #Rockies #aspen it reminds me of some of the #European #storms I’ve seen” — @KaxMhanjari
“• Flights from Denver to Aspen are cancelled because of a snowstorm. The assistant is trying to get me to Aspen in one piece. My boss: ‘Hire a taxi service.’ Assistant: ‘The roads are closed.’ My boss: ‘Did you try Uber?’” — @JamiJurich
• “@lindseyvonn I cried when you crashed in Andorra and in Aspen… give me a shout when you are in Spain. #LindseyValentine” — Carlos_zuma
• “I GET ASPEN TOMORROW AND I CANT BE MORE EXCITED” — @ahewitt17
• “The worst part about living in a tourist town is listening to tourist act like they live in this town. #aspen #jerry season #gappersErrywhere #NoYourWrong” — @J_Balks
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
Beginning Aug. 31, the public can no longer bring plastics or cartons to the Rio Grande Recycling Center as the city of Aspen transitions from single-stream recycling to targeted collections.