Tweet All About It: Safe at home
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “I’ve stalled long enough. It’s time to get a ski pass. What should it be for a skier living in Los Angeles who used to shred in @AspenSnowmass? @CollectivePass? @IkonPass? @epicpassclub? Mostly kidding about that last one, but I could be convinced. Maybe…” — @BarbaraPlatts
• “My favorite hurricane takes are the ones that boil down to ‘if you don’t evacuate then you deserve what you get.’ Yeah why didn’t we just throw a few cases Perrier and Dom into the Land Rover and head off to the chalet in Aspen? We must be stupid or something.” — @ScubaForDogs
• “A great big round of applause to the Aspen Skiing Company, winner of this year’s 24-Karat Gold award for their extraordinary efforts to reduce the use of coal-fired energy while increasing clean alternative energy sources. @AspenSnowmass” — @CDPHE
• “Getting on puddle jumper to fly through low visibility to snowy mountain airport. On the plus side, these seem like nice people to fly, scream, and die with.” — @darylwriterguy
• “Very relieved that our fiction workshop instructor made it to Aspen safe and sound! He’ll be at @Pitcolibrary this Saturday.” — @AspenWords
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.