Tweet All About It: Regarding the S-Curves, HST, Bourdain and Lloyd Christmas
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “Dear #Aspen #Colorado, I thought you were improving the ‘S’ curve not just changing the font!” — @glennhsmithart
• “Driving to #Aspen airport when 2 F-17s or something roar by and I almost drive off the road they’re so loud and just when they are almost at ground level they turn and go straight up. I didn’t get pic but it happened around here” — @Kimball12G
• “Got a new bike hero: US bike-racing lawyer Joe Edwards, who filed & won the first civil rights campaign in Colorado. He was later involved in Hunter S Thompson’s run for Aspen Sheriff in 1970. Everything HST said back then holds true today, multiplied by 1000 percent” — @matoxley
• “‘Anthony Bourdain changed the way we think about restaurant kitchens and about the people within them.’ —@CKummer, editor in chief of IDEAS: The Magazine of the Aspen Institute” — @AspenInstitute
• “At #Aspen Inn. Was okay #hotel but noisy family next to me tried to get through connecting door. I put up a barrier just in case and used ear plugs.” — @Kimball12G
• “The rocky mountains wooed me when I was 6, rivers sang me sweet melodies accompanied by whispering aspens, white powdered winters, golden by fall, wildflowers brought forth through summer— #Aspen, no longer a sleepy mining town hosts all types yet the surroundings still delight.” — @ouliemata
• “Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and Dumber resplendent in his Aspen western wear but it’s Jimbo Fisher” — @heyitschili
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.