Tweet All About It: Hot and bothered
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “A sincere thank you to all firefighters, emergency responders, volunteers and community personnel for the incredible response to the #BasaltFire. You all are an inspiration, and we are incredibly grateful. #LakeChristineFire” — @exanderYeiser
• “#LakeChristineFire doubles in size. This is partly a consequence of #ClimateChange. There’s #Drought in the Mountain West, combined with the fact that 1 in every 14 standing trees in #Colorado is dead. #Aspen #Basalt #Carbondale” — @MargaretWhittum
• “There are no words to describe how simultaneously grateful and sorrowful we are for the entire Williams family. Please keep them all in your thoughts. #LakeChristineFire” — @AdvHntr
• “Its too #hot in the #ukheatwave! I’m heading off to #Aspen on my #Hog! And I know what they say about the French, but I just don’t care.” — @slowdan01
• “Seeing @Jeff_Daniels and @JimCarrey on @ConanOBrien brought back so many memories of Dumb and Dumber. One of the best comedies EVER. They made it seem like Harry and Lloyd were back in the ‘84 sheep dog just yesterday! #aspen #rockies #pullover” — @GillConners
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.