Tweet All About It: Highs and lows
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “Aspen CO hometown girl @haileyswirbul was just 2nd at XC ski World Junior Championships… one of the best US finishes ever! Must be those sweet @Aspen Snowmass trails she grew up training and racing on!” — @simihamilton
• “Morning mimosas by the hot tub in Aspen w/ Al Green on the speakers” — @connorpat6
• “I am an old person in a Grey Dog Cafe on University Pl. I totally accept that I’m on their turf and have to be surrounded by NYU undergrads. But where are the NYU undergrads on scholarship? Convos about Aspen, botox and purebred dogs are real. #fullfarestudents” — @elioeli
• “Aspen literally has one of the best music scenes in the United States. It’s truly amazing the talent that @BellyUpAspen brings in.” — @rsheiner
• “I just want my friends to come visit so i can show them a good ass time here in Aspen” — @rushrudy
• “#SaulBellow in Aspen via Salter: ‘It’s like the Magic Mountain without TB,’ Bellow said bemusedly. “He was never completely taken in by the town; he more or less saw through it.” ‘These young people,’ he observed, ‘you can see it in their faces-the meaning of existence is themselves’” — @mckamine
• “When you put down a 98 in #XGames and only get a silver medal. #Aspen” — @matt_burbidge
• “You know you must be getting better when your favorite ski run of the day is a black run #snowmass #aspen #skibunny” — @KyoureDUNN
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Highway 82 over Independence Pass is closed Tuesday morning for safety reasons after an overnight snowstorm, according to the Colorado Department of Transportation.