Tweet All About It: High-altitude problems
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “I kindda feel like I’m reliving college in aspen but instead of classes it’s work and instead of 21 couch it’s employee housing” — @AmandaPaige1796
• “Pitkin County (Aspen) went almost 70% for HRC in 2016. County is well above the Colorado average in both income and home cost. I’m guessing they’re opening their homes to all those ‘refugees’, right? #DemocratHypocrites #MAGA” — @CurmudgeonlyOpa
• “The #AirTraffic Controllers at the #Aspen tower received an award for their work during the Lake Christine #wildfire. Their challenge? To safely guide #aircraft around #TFRs and through the mountains while firefighters worked to extinguish the fire.” — @FAANews
• “If you see someone wearing aviator nation u know there going to aspen.” — @fukchikenstrips
• “Curious about all the dispensaries in #Aspen? @TheAspenTimes put together a great guide for locals and tourists alike. We are proud to be part of this unique community! Thanks, @kshapiromedia for the feature! #Silverpeak” — @SilverpeakAspen
• “Malaysia. Maui. Philadelphia. Palm Beach. Wales. London. Los Angeles. Aspen. Italy. Just a few of the places players in next weekend’s Scottsdale Polo Party will be flying in from for a polo and lifestyle event like no other! Join them. Join us. #NextGreatestShowOnGrass” — @ThePoloParty
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
A Scottsdale developer with a major stake in the Tree Farm development in El Jebel remains bullish on the project despite the bearish stock market and hints of a recession.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User