Tweet All About It: Escape to Aspen
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “One of my Hamlet cast members was listening to a Shakespeare podcast and the hosts just happened to talk about OUR PRODUCTION (or more accurately the tumblr post saying we gave ‘to be or not to be’ to Horatio), and anyways I’m buying a house in Aspen to get away from the press” — @HeyLookShiny
• “Places like Vail and Aspen use the terms ‘diversity and equality’ to cover up their refusal to pay a living wage.” — @Hattori_Hanzo23
• “See you in @AspenSnowmass for @aspenideas in a few weeks! An Epic Conference in an Epic Town during the Annual Epic Aspen Summertime! #Aspen” — @CoachesHotSeat
• “Boys, picture this: You and your best friend Lloyd are driving to Aspen. Lloyd misses the turn. You didn’t think he could get any dumber. He trades your van in for a motorcycle straight up. It get’s 70 miles to the gallon. He totally redeems himself. Life is good.” — @HixsonJudson
• “The Maroon Bells are known the world around. This landmark agreement between @wradv, @WildforGood & @cityofaspen will prevent dams from forever changing this iconic landscape, while still providing for #Aspen’s future water needs. Help us say ‘Thank You!’” — @ricktrilsch
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
Studies by Colorado Parks and Wildlife show the survival of elk calves in the Roaring Fork Valley has dropped about 33 percent in the last decade. White River National Forest officials said they need to act to try to reserve that trend. They are seeking public comment on their plan.