Tweet All About It: Aspen views
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “Last night at the concert in Boulder CO the audience was so incredible, tonight in Aspen was a different story” — @sandovalarturo1
• “I was a baker/barista in Aspen CO last year and this rich f— who owned a private plane always complained we never had the day-old stuff he wanted and never tipped. Saw me taking out trash one night and told me ‘that’s good practice if the bakery thing doesn’t work out’” — @still6loom
• “I need another weekend in aspen.” — @CEOHawk
• “Finished my first spartan beast medal. Coarse was no joke and at the end made me appreciate the medal more. #SpartanRace #Aspen” — @jayb1984
• “So lovely. I remember @ReneeFleming in Aspen in the Opera Scenes program singing the Marshallin so many years ago. I think that was my big debut as Peaseblossom under #SirMarkElder, who was just a boy then. Hooray! This will increase the wonder of #Aspen for singers.” — @timeinkids
• “‘Mountain Rescue Aspen and the Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind individuals venturing into the backcountry that proper foot attire can help in reducing the risk of ankle injuries while hiking on unstable ground.’” — @tedmahon
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Roaring Fork Valley natives Emily Ridings and Nikki Ferry have come full circle when it comes to dance. Both studied dance with Aspen Santa Fe Ballet (ASFB) as kids, continued their training with other prominent schools, and now return this weekend, as ASFB presents “The Nutcracker” at Aspen District Theater.