Tweet All About It: Aspen offseason musings
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “Going to #Aspen next week to visit @aspenpubradio then to #Chicago for @ThirdCoastFest – Excited.” — @Tracy_Wahl
• “Ballot measure 2B in #Aspen is bringing up conversation on community health impacts of tobacco to forefront.” — @HealthierColo
• “More Journalists Leaving ‘Las Vegas Review-Journal After Sale To Billionaire; similar story repeats itself in #Aspen” — @artistinaspen
• “Denver & Aspen this weekend! Who’s ready??” —@Ookay
• “Yo I f—in love my job, working in aspen is a whole different vibe. Dope” — @DaBootyDiary•
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
An unwelcome but familiar weather pattern in the Aspen-area mountains has created conditions that are once again ripe for avalanches. The early, ample snow in October was followed by dry periods. That resulted in a poor foundation for the snowpack. Steep slopes on north to east aspects pose the greatest threat.