Monday Business Briefs: Aspen retail sales up in February; new dental hygienist in town
February sales up
Aspen retailers saw business in February increase by 5.8 percent over February 2018, according to the city Finance Department’s monthly consumption tax report released last week.
Retail sales totaled $83.3 million that month, led by the $30.5 million brought in by accommodations, which were up 6.7 percent in revenue over February 2018.
Other industries posted the following revenue numbers in February:
• Restaurants/bars —$14.7 million, up 7.1 percent over February 2018
• Sports equipment/clothing — $6.7 million, down 2.7 percent
• Clothing — $6 million, up 7.1 percent
• Food/drug — $5.5 million, up 13.9 percent
• Liquor — $1.1 million, up 8.6 percent
• Miscellaneous — $3.9 million, down 10.1 percent
• Construction — $3.1 million, down 11.2 percent
• Luxury goods — $3.7 million, up 32.4 percent
• Utilities — $4.9 million, up 9.3 percent
• Automobile — $2.1 million, up 8.4 percent
• Marijuana — $1.3 million, up 5.9 percent
For the first two months of the year, Aspen retailers have generated $172.3 million, up 4.7 percent over the same period last year, according to the report.
Turhcin hires hygienist
Dr. Belem Villalovos has joined Dr. Andrew Turchin’s Aspen business as a full-time, registered dental hygienist.
Villalovos received her degree in dental hygiene from Colorado Northwestern Community College in Rangely in 2017, where she graduated at the top of her class and was given the Western Society of Periodontology Award for clinical excellence, according to an announcement.
She also graduated from dental school in Peru in 2008.
“I couldn’t be more excited for my new role at Andrew Turchin, DMD,” she said in a statement. “To have the opportunity to combine my love of patient care with the high caliber of dentistry being performed at Dr. Turchin’s office is truly a dream come true.”
The practice is located at 400 W. Main St. More details can be found by calling 970-925-7730 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Businesses announcements can be sent to email@example.com.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.