Filmmaker Pete McBride’s ‘Into the Canyon’ will be screened at Aspen’s Isis on Wednesday
February 12, 2019
The documentary film "Into the Canyon" will be shown at the Isis Theater in Aspen on Wednesday by popular demand.
The world premiere was sold out Saturday at the Wheeler Opera House, so the Isis is holding another screening Wednesday at 8 p.m. The film is about Basalt photographer Peter McBride and writer Kevin Fedarko's historic 2016 hike across the Grand Canyon. Their 750-mile journey highlighted the natural beauty of the canyon and the man-made threats.
McBride will introduce the film. Tickets are available at the Isis.
The National Geographic Channel also will air the documentary at 8 p.m. Feb. 21.
Trending In: Local
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- City of Aspen to sell historic West End home for $3.8 million
- National Geographic wants Stouffer suit dismissed
- Affordable housing, traffic dominate forum on Aspen’s Lift One plan
- Basalt sales taxes dwarf property taxes, but town says possible refund would still hurt