Eagle County will consider extension of moratorium in Basalt-El Jebel area
April 16, 2018
The Eagle County Commissioners will consider Tuesday extending a moratorium on land use applications with proposed zoning changes in the Roaring Fork Valley.
The extension of the moratorium, which has been in place for six months, would provide additional time for the Roaring Fork Valley Regional Planning Commission to complete an update of the Mid-Valley Area Community Master Plan.
The proposed extension of the moratorium will be for two months from its scheduled expiration on April 23 or until the master plan update is completed, whichever comes first.
The moratorium applies to zone change applications for properties comprised of 5 acres or more that fall within the boundaries of the master plan.
The planning commission will hold its seventh work session Thursday on the master plan update. The meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m. at the Eagle County Community Center, located adjacent to Crown Mountain Park in El Jebel.
The meeting will feature a review of draft refinements to the master plan and a review of future land-use maps. The master plan is a document that guides the county commissioners on the type and density of development allowed in the Roaring Fork Valley portion of Eagle County.
Recommended Stories For You
Public comment will be accepted at the meeting.
Trending In: Local
- New fire management team takes steps to sooth rattled nerves
- Wildlife officials urge anglers to stay off lower Roaring Fork, Crystal rivers after 2 p.m.
- Check your ego at the river
- Marble won’t allow Slow Groovin’s BBQ smoker exemption during fire restriction
- Aspen Security Forum panel analyze Trump’s affinity for Putin
- Two men drowned at Ruedi Reservoir after accident Saturday afternoon
- Lake Christine Fire crews work most active section; update has fire at nearly 9,700 acres
- Men who drowned at Ruedi Reservoir identified as valley locals John Teague and Bret Varra
- Lake Christine Fire at 11,459 acres by Sunday morning after burning through beetle-kill areas
- UPDATE: Two teens dead after single-car accident near Redstone, 14-year-old airlifted to Denver