Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services
• Aspen Chapel, 77 Meadowood Drive, will hold a children’s service at 4:30 p.m. with candlelight carol singing and readings and message by Nicholas Vesey, the chapel’s minister. Music by Susan Nicholson and Cathy Markle. Children will be invited to sing carols with Markle. Also, evening services will be held at 6:30 and 8:30.
• Aspen Community Church, 200 E. Bleeker St., will hold a candlelight service at 6 p.m. Music will be played and carols will be sung as part of this Aspen tradition that dates back to 1885.
• Basalt Community United Methodist Church, 0167 Holland Hills Road, will hold a 7 p.m. service while revisiting “It’s a Wonderful Life.”
• Christ Episcopal Church of Aspen, 536. W. North St., will hold a 4 p.m. children’s service and a 5:30 p.m. candlelight Eucharist family service. Services also will be held at 8 and 11 p.m. 970-925-3278
• Crossroads Church (nondenominational Christian) will hold services at 5 and 7 p.m. Sunday at the Wheeler Opera House, 320 E. Hyman Ave. No Sunday services at the church on Christmas Eve morning or on Christmas Day morning. Info@ccaspen.com or 970-925-7828
• Grace Church, 1776 Emma Road, Basalt, will hold a family friendly lessons and carols service with scripture reading and traditional music beginning at 5 p.m.
• Snowmass Chapel, 5307 Owl Creek Road, will hold a 5 p.m. service for the entire family, with special emphasis on kids and Christmas carols. The 7 and 9 p.m. services include traditional lessons and carols with a full choir and orchestra.
• St. Mary Catholic Church will hold services at 4 and 7 p.m. at Harris Concert Hall, 960 N. Third St.
CHRISTMAS DAY SERVICES
• Christ Episcopal Church of Aspen, 536 W. North St., will hold a 10 a.m. Eucharist service.
• St. Mary Church will hold 7:30 and 10 a.m. services at Harris Concert Hall, 960 N. Third St. in Aspen.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
Now that Aspen’s new city manager has some permanency to her job, Sara Ott shares her plan of attack on running the municipal government.