Business Monday Briefs: Staff changes at Aspen Chamber Resort Association; Carbondale PR firm lands whitewater company as client
January 7, 2019
Staff changes at ACRA
The Aspen Chamber Resort Association announced last week the parting of ways with one longtime employee and the promotion of several others.
Erik Klanderud has left after 15 years with the organization. ACRA President Debbie Braun, in an email to the organization's members, described Klanderud as being "a wonderful and energetic addition to our team, and we wish him all the best as he progresses to the next phase of his career."
Taking Klanderud's place as senior membership manager is Claire Sacco, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liz Cluley has been promoted to senior sales manager, and a new sales coordinator will be announced later this month. Bridget Crosby has been promoted to marketing manager, and ACRA's Special Events Department promoted Brittany Zanin to senior events manager to coincide with her leadership in event management and acquisition.
In a related development, ACRA announced Friday the election results for its 2019 board directors, who serve two-year terms.
Recommended Stories For You
Representing the lodging sector is Jeff Bay, chair of ACRA's Marketing Advisory Committee and the managing director of HayMax Hotels LLC, which include the Hotel Aspen and Molly Gibson Lodge. Attorney Maria Morrow retained her seat in representing the professional sector, as did Rob Itner for the restaurant industry. Heather Kemp, owner of Sashae Floral Arts & Gifts, will take a retail seat, while marketing and PR specialists Jeanette Darnauer and Nina Eisenstat will continue to help ACRA on their seats representing professional services.
C'dale PR firm, whitewater company hook up
Carbondale-based b2,inc. has landed S20 Design, a river engineering and whitewater design company, as a client.
B2 will manage S20 Design's communications strategy and public relations initiatives.
Founded by engineer and three-time Olympian and World Cup kayak champion Scott Shipley, S2o Design, based in Lyons specializes in river engineering, restoration and community-focused whitewater park design. S2O Design has developed such projects as the Riversports Rapids Whitewater Park in Oklahoma City; the National Whitewater Center in Charlotte, N.C.; Lee Valley Centre, the 2012 Olympic canoe slalom venue in London; the Durango Whitewater Park; and the Camphill Surf Park near Wanaka, New Zealand.
"S2O Design is an energetic, talented group that is on the forefront of technology and innovation and they are achieving amazing results. We look forward to creating great synergy with the team," said Tim Braun, managing partner of b2,inc.
Trending In: Local
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Aspen School District, HR director part ways
- Aspen government prepares to build new office building
- Aspen-area Forest Service workers seek alternative jobs as shutdown enters fifth week
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7