Aspen’s annual Ski for the Pass event will be held Sunday
February 12, 2019
Ski for the Pass, the annual fundraiser for the Independence Pass Foundation, will be held at 10 a.m. Sunday.
The event is a 4.2-mile classic ski from the winter closure gate to Lincoln Creek on snow-covered Highway 82 up Independence Pass. The event is in its seventh year. It attracts everyone from racers to families out for a leisurely ski. It's a great opportunity to experience the corridor at a quiet, extremely scenic time. Hot beverages and pastries will be provided at the finish area.
The cost is $15 per individual and $30 per family.
Registration is open now at Ute Mountaineer. There also will be registration at the start line at the gate on the day of the event.
Independence Pass Foundation is celebrating its 30th year of protecting and restoring the ecological, historical and aesthetic integrity of the Independence Pass corridor. It also strives to encourage stewardship, safety and appreciation of the Pass.
Trending In: Local
- City of Aspen to sell historic West End home for $3.8 million
- Affordable housing, traffic dominate forum on Aspen’s Lift One plan
- Youth hockey team volunteers for head shaves to support Basalt girl’s cancer fight
- On the Fly: Fishing journeys
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year