Aspen Valley Hospital cancels May board election
March 12, 2018
There will be no May 8 election for Aspen Valley Hospital's board of directors because there were no challengers for the three open seats held by the incumbents.
The cancellation means that David Eisenstat, Chuck Frias and Lee Schumacher, all of whom submitted the required paperwork seeking re-election, will retain another four-year term on the board. March 6 was the deadline for candidates to submit their petitions with the hospital district.
"We will swear them in at the April board meeting," said Amy Trubiroha Wells, the hospital's executive assistant.
The five-member hospital board holds its formal meetings on the second Monday of each month.
Trending In: Local
- Aspen icon ‘Benny the Blade’ found off bike path, hospitalized
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Ex-Aspen Valley Hospital nurse files federal complaint
- Glenn K. Beaton: When the shooting starts, would you go in?