Aspen Skiing Co. extends operating hours of some chairlifts starting Saturday
February 13, 2019
It's that time of year for the extension of chairlift hours at the Aspen-Snowmass ski areas.
Aspen Skiing Co. announced Wednesday that the longer periods of daylight will allow some of the lifts at its four ski areas to remain open until 4 p.m. starting Saturday and lasting through the end of the season.
On Aspen Mountain, the Silver Queen Gondola, Ajax Express and FIS lift will run until 4 p.m. All others will still cease operations at 3:30 p.m.
At Snowmass Ski Area, the Elk Camp Gondola and Sheer Bliss lift will run until 4 p.m. The Village Express will run until 4 p.m. to the top and until 4:15 p.m. to the mid-station.
At Aspen Highlands, the Exhibition lift will have extended hours as will the Summit Express at Buttermilk.
Trending In: Local
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- City of Aspen to sell historic West End home for $3.8 million
- National Geographic wants Stouffer suit dismissed
- Affordable housing, traffic dominate forum on Aspen’s Lift One plan
- Basalt sales taxes dwarf property taxes, but town says possible refund would still hurt