Aspen-area Christmas services for Monday and Tuesday
The following is a listing of Christmas Eve and Christmas day services from Basalt to Aspen.
• Aspen Chapel, 77 Meadowood Drive — 4 p.m. service for children and 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. services for all on Christmas Eve. No services on Christmas day.
• Aspen Community Church United Methodist, 200 E. Bleeker St. — A service of lessons and carols at 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve. No services on Christmas.
• Christ Episcopal Church of Aspen, 536 W. North St. — 4 p.m. candlelight worship service for families and children with a special visit from St. Nicholas. 5:30 p.m. candlelight Eucharist service for families and children. 8 and 11 p.m. traditional candlelight Eucharist services. Christmas day service at 10 a.m.
Support Local Journalism
• Crossroads Church (non-denominational Christian), Wheeler Opera House, 320 E. Hyman Ave. — 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. This annual Christmas tradition is fun for the whole family. Evening includes sing-along Christmas carols with a full band and inspiring Christmas message. Admission is free, but arrive early to be sure to get a seat. No services on Christmas day.
• Grace Church, 1776 Emma Road, Basalt — 5:30 p.m. Christmas Eve service will include family-friendly lessons and a carols service. No services on Christmas.
• Snowmass Chapel, 5307 Owl Creek Road — 5 p.m. candlelight service for the family will include traditional Christmas carols and a special focus on children. The 7 and 9 p.m. services will include a choir and orchestra. Arrive early because of crowds. Christmas day there will be Catholic mass at 5 p.m.
• St. Mary Catholic Church, 533 E. Main St. — 4, 7 and 10 p.m. celebrations of the nativity of Lord. Christmas day services at 7:30 and 10 a.m.
• St. Peters of the Valley Episcopal Church, 200 Elk Run Drive, Basalt — A family service that is focused on children is scheduled for 5 p.m. and there is an 8 p.m. service with caroling. Christmas Day service is at 9 a.m. and pajamas are welcome.
This list will appear again in The Aspen Times on Sunday. Send Christmas Eve service announcements to email@example.com for publication.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User