Aspen-area Christmas services for Monday and Tuesday
The following is a listing of Christmas Eve and Christmas day services from Basalt to Aspen.
• Aspen Chapel, 77 Meadowood Drive — 4 p.m. service for children and 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. services for all on Christmas Eve. No services on Christmas day.
• Aspen Community Church United Methodist, 200 E. Bleeker St. — A service of lessons and carols at 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve. No services on Christmas.
• Christ Episcopal Church of Aspen, 536 W. North St. — 4 p.m. candlelight worship service for families and children with a special visit from St. Nicholas. 5:30 p.m. candlelight Eucharist service for families and children. 8 and 11 p.m. traditional candlelight Eucharist services. Christmas day service at 10 a.m.
• Crossroads Church (non-denominational Christian), Wheeler Opera House, 320 E. Hyman Ave. — 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. This annual Christmas tradition is fun for the whole family. Evening includes sing-along Christmas carols with a full band and inspiring Christmas message. Admission is free, but arrive early to be sure to get a seat. No services on Christmas day.
• Grace Church, 1776 Emma Road, Basalt — 5:30 p.m. Christmas Eve service will include family-friendly lessons and a carols service. No services on Christmas.
• Snowmass Chapel, 5307 Owl Creek Road — 5 p.m. candlelight service for the family will include traditional Christmas carols and a special focus on children. The 7 and 9 p.m. services will include a choir and orchestra. Arrive early because of crowds. Christmas day there will be Catholic mass at 5 p.m.
• St. Mary Catholic Church, 533 E. Main St. — 4, 7 and 10 p.m. celebrations of the nativity of Lord. Christmas day services at 7:30 and 10 a.m.
• St. Peters of the Valley Episcopal Church, 200 Elk Run Drive, Basalt — A family service that is focused on children is scheduled for 5 p.m. and there is an 8 p.m. service with caroling. Christmas Day service is at 9 a.m. and pajamas are welcome.
This list will appear again in The Aspen Times on Sunday. Send Christmas Eve service announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org for publication.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
A new 6-mile jug handle trail has been added to the Emma side of land known as the Crown. The Vasten Trail provides options for mountain bikers in the popular area.