ACES hosting Friday Uphill Breakfast Club at Tiehack
January 9, 2019
Aspen Center for Environmental Studies will host the Friday Morning Uphill Breakfast at Tiehack this week as part of the conservation group's 50th anniversary celebration.
Uphillers are urged to head up the slopes to the mountaintop Cliffhouse Restaurant, which offers breakfast for sale between 8:45 and 10 a.m.
Ute Mountaineer and Aspen Alpine Guides founded the Uphill Breakfast Club as a way to get people out on the slopes and mingling on Friday mornings. It is sponsored by the city of Aspen and will be held every Friday through April 5.
Uphillers can start at their own time and ascend at their own pace. Aspen Skiing Co.'s regular rules for uphilling at Buttermilk apply. Several staff members at ACES plan to participate and can provide information about the homegrown conservation group, which focuses on environmental education.
Trending In: Local
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Aspen School District, HR director part ways
- Aspen government prepares to build new office building
- Aspen-area Forest Service workers seek alternative jobs as shutdown enters fifth week
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7