$29.9 million ranch near Aspen is “right out of a novel”
Price dropped $20 million from when billionaire Sam Wyly originally listed it
October 14, 2017
It would be nuts if your house had a secret door that slides open when you remove a book from a shelf. That's not real life — it can't possibly exist.
And yet it's one of the features in the main home at Circle R Ranch, a $29.9 million Woody Creek spread just minutes from Aspen.
"It's right out of a novel," said Andrew Ernemann one of the property's Sotheby's International Realty listing agents. "That particular house has a lot of really unique features that you would read about or see in a movie."
Billionaire and Texas business man Sam Wyly listed the property in 2015 as a part of a complex bankruptcy filing. He set the original price tag at $50 million.
Read the entire story in The Denver Post.
Trending In: Local
- Fire near Glenwood moving to mop-up operations
- Aspen housing authority forcing former board member to sell her home after renting it out
- Mountain bike association pays the price to clear trails from Aspen to New Castle
- Legal aspects of Conlin case more about behavior after Colorado Supreme Court’s decision kept out most avalanche evidence
- Tweet All About It: Aspen fully developed
- Glenn K. Beaton: We will not worship the Colorado Civil Rights Commission
- Romero Group buys Snowmass Mall for $28.5 million from Related Cos.
- Fire forcing evacuations in part of Oak Meadows outside Glenwood Springs
- Aspen Skiing Co. opens $10 million Lost Forest adventure center at Snowmass
- Forest Service rangers to enforce Pitkin County’s ATV ban around Aspen