Johnson’s time has come
July 25, 2010
Our ballots arrived yesterday. Another election year is upon us.
It is imperative that we use this opportunity to take the actions necessary:
• to preserve our quality of life;
• to promote our commitment to agriculture and open spaces and our unique history;
• to protect the wildlife and the wild places;
Recommended Stories For You
• to promote the opportunities for education, art and culture;
• to protect and sustain our recreational opportunities;
• to project our vision for the valley’s future in terms of housing, transportation, a resort culture and our community character.
Actions of county commissioners address each of these issues.
Leadership is necessary.
We in Pitkin County need responsible leadership from individuals who understand our history, our culture, our needs, our futures. We need someone who cares, who listens, who is well informed, who thoughtfully and openly considers the available options, and, then, who is willing to take action on issues that are both complex and controversial.
We need Jack Johnson.
The role of county commissioner in Pitkin County is important on the local, state and national levels. The decisions made and the directions taken on the local level both affect and are affected by the decisions made and directions followed in other places, at other meetings, with other leaders.
Jack Johnson has the knowledge and experience and the need to learn, to discuss, to debate, to make the difficult decisions, to recognize the consequences of his actions, and to move forward.
He needs our votes in order to work for us as a public servant in a stewardship role. Please extend your support, and vote for Jack Johnson for Pitkin County commissioner.