Job Description: Online Content Specialist
Title: Online Content Specialist
Company: Colorado Mountain News Media, a subsidiary of Swift Communications
Reports to: Online Content Manager, Director of Internet Revenue
Status: Full-time, entry level with benefits
Location: Gyspum, Colorado with some travel within Colorado
The Online Content Specialist will work with CMNM’s newspaper websites. The position requires supporting the editorial and sales staffs on all online initiatives, including but not limited to product development, online community management, project management, web editing and social media marketing.
The applicant must work equally well with advertising and editorial staffs. An expressed interest in the dynamic online news environment is required.
• Build, administer and manage online contests
• Compile content and manage user lists for e-mail newsletters
• Diagnose and report technical website problems
• Update sites with sister-paper, AP and Denver Post content as needed
• Develop multimedia features as time, opportunities permit
• Recruit, train and manage community bloggers and UGC
• Train newsrooms on SEO writing, new media tools and techniques
• Update, manage and utilize Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Train sales staffs on new Internet products (newsletters, coupons, contests, etc.)
• Manage business directories – add, delete, update listings
• Test major site changes, enhancements before they go live
• Interface with corporate Internet group of developers and project managers
• Explore marketing and content-sharing opportunities with an aim to grow our audience
• Be the contact person for website-related questions, complaints from the public
• Basic HTML
• Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Excel, Word (Bonus points: Final Cut Pro, Brightcove publish pod, Illustrator, Twitter clients, Outlook, Publicus CMS)
• Understanding of/ability to learn web-based content management systems
• New-Media content: Live blogging, multimedia, interactive maps, embedded media, videos, slideshows, audio/podcasts, etc.
• Experience working on a news website(s)
• Social Media user – primarily Facebook and Twitter
• Excellent interpersonal skills – must work with sales, editorial, marketing and company-wide Internet specialists
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize a constant flow of requests, issues and assignments
• Understanding of Mac and Windows operating systems
• Degree in journalism, communications, interactive media, related field or relevant professional experience
Send your resume, cover letter to Rory Moulton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Aspen Skiing Company brings beverage kiosks in alignment with COVID-19 operating procedures.