It’s Obama’s fault
Mr. Peirce, in his letter of June 15, made the egregious and sexist assumption that my interlocutor was a straw man rather than a straw woman and that the person actually was made of straw.
Obviously, I can’t prove that the meeting and discussion took place or that my narrative was accurate. I kept the identity of the other party vague to deny them the much-coveted “Hero of the Socialist States of America Red Star.” I don’t need fabrications to state my facts. Here are some more facts to contemplate:
1. Our country is in worse financial and economic shape than at any time since the Great Depression.
2. Our national debt is higher than it has been at any time in history.
3. We are not going to die from anthropogenic global warming.
4. The current administration is admittedly incapable of defending us from external or internal threats.
5. We have no control over our borders and are doing nothing to stop the invasion from the South euphemistically referred to as “illegal immigration.”
6. The Islamic world is building a monument to their attack on 9/11 at Ground Zero in New York City.
7. It’s past the time for the occupant of the Oval Office to stop partying, playing golf, whining and blaming Bush and man up and start exhibiting leadership.
8. We have alienated our allies.
9. We have adequate domestic coal, oil, and natural gas resources to completely eliminate our dependence on the Mideast.
10. ObamaCare will result in higher medical costs, diminished services and reduced quality of care.
11. Few people other than career politicians, lobbyists and government employees are better off than they were four years ago.
12. Since the Left insists on using hyphens to sabotage “E Pluribus Unum” and foment division, be advised that Charlize Theron is an African-American.
13. The United States is the greatest country in the history of the world.
Mr. Peirce, in conclusion, stated, accurately, “Mr. Obama, who so obviously was voted into power by a bunch of uneducated and uninformed people …” The current state of the Republic supports his contention even out of context. The towering Colossus of Leftist intellect, wit and grace who nicknamed the Taxed Enough Already Party members “teabaggers” supports Mr. Peirce’s description of the mental abilities of those who voted for Obama.
Those who voted for him without performing due diligence in regard to his character, record, accomplishments, history and associations are suffering from the Kool-ade hangover. Those who voted for him after performing due diligence are experiencing post-purchase dissonance. Apparently, the only thing that all can agree on, which was a major campaign issue, is that Barack Obama wasn’t G. W. Bush, who, incidentally, was not a candidate in the last election but is still being blamed for the serial failures of the current occupant of the Oval Office.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king, and he sees that the Emperor is naked and mooning us.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User