It’s a republic | AspenTimes.com
YOUR AD HERE »

It’s a republic

Dear Editor:The United States of America is a republic not a democracy!For those who slept during history class, here’s a refresher: In a republic, there is respect for the minority. In a democracy it becomes mob rule. In a democracy, if 51 percent of the people vote a certain way, to hell with the other 49 percent. All of you brainwashed Kerry and Bush lovers better wake up before you become the 49 percent in your democracy. The easiest way to explain the difference between a democracy and a republic is this: In a democracy, two wolves and a sheep get to decide what’s for dinner; in a republic, the sheep has a gun! Wake up citizens of the U.S.A. (not ‘Merica, as both the Democrats and Repubs call us).Thomas W. AndersonSnowmass


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User