Important election notes
July 4, 2011
The coordinated election to be held on Nov. 1, 2011 will be conducted by mail ballot only. As a result, it is especially important that all Pitkin County electors ensure that their voter registration records are correct and up-to-date. Pitkin County residents can do this quickly and conveniently by:
• Using the state’s online voter registration system at http://www.govotecolorado.com
• Completing and returning a voter registration or permanent mail-in ballot application, or change of address form. Voters can obtain the appropriate form:
• By downloading it from the county election website at http://www.pitkinvotes.org
• By emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended Stories For You
• By calling the Election Department at 970-429-2713
• By visiting our office at 530 E. Main Street, Suite 101, Aspen, CO 81611
State and county election officials continually strive to remind and encourage voters to verify and update their voter registration records.
One such effort is currently underway. The Secretary of State has just mailed postcards to approximately 170,000 Colorado voters who have changed their addresses with the U.S. Postal Service but have not updated their voter registration records. If you receive one of these postcards, please don’t ignore or discard it, but follow the instructions to make sure your registration record is accurate and current.
Under state law, each voter is responsible for the accuracy of his or her registration record. Election officials cannot update or correct a voter registration record unless requested to do so by the affected voter. Therefore, we respectfully remind all Pitkin County voters to:
Safeguard your franchise;
Attend to it; and
Update your voter registration.
Janice Vos Caudill, clerk and recorder
Dwight K. Shellman III, election manager
Tammie Driscol, election assistant