If Veazy were mayor
It is very interesting, from what I read in the newspapers, that which is taking place in Basalt’s situational drama ” with no new prospective Basalt town manager and the several meetings to get Basaltines’ thoughts about downtown Basalt evolution and preferences as purveyors of future societal and environmental changes with static intentions.
Now just imagine if I were the Basalt town manager for only three short months and what would be my evidentiary results for Basaltines in particular:
1. The various task forces (citizens committees) be productive and the non-productive ones would be eliminated. The task force members would do library research, conduct weekly meetings and submit periodic typed reports to the town council. No more resume enhancing without hard work.
2. The Basalt town government website would be improved and include much more relevant information like the task forces and their members.
3. Those testifying (speaking) before the town council, task forces and other town government meetings (sessions) would be encouraged to read from, and present, a typed speech and other typed relevant information of suggestions and/or expressed ideas.
4. Those testifying (speaking) before the Town Council, task forces and other town government meetings would be instructed in protocol, decorum and “Robert’s Rules of Order” via booklets, handout sheets, and personal library research or personal book purchases.
5. The Basalt banking, finance and insurance community, the Basalt Chamber of Commerce and the Basalt Public Library staff would have weekly meetings with me.
6. The Basalt Town Hall staff and other Basalt government workers would be encouraged to have weekly brainstorming meetings to come up with solutions and new ideas to improve government efficiency and results. Thus, the town government workers will greatly improve themselves and the town government.
7. I will personally work with the Economic Committee to improve Basalt’s economic and business circumstances for the intermediate-term and long-run in good and bad times.
8. I will champion a Basalt downtown improvement district and the use of certificates of Participation to correct and improve intermediate-term and long-run economic/business performance in good and bad times.
9. I would work with the Basalt Chamber of Commerce to upgrade and expand its public relations and publicity efforts to increase Basalt’s revenue, attract financiers and attract a bigger customer base to help sustain the Basalt business community which the Basalt citizenry cannot do on its own. Also, this entails making Basalt a mini-destination, world class town.
Can I do all the above nine items within three months? My answer is I can do even more within three months.
Well, Basalt Mayor Leroy Duroux, how impressed and receptive can I find your Basalt Town Council to me and my ideas? Or would they divorce me from my ideas to rip-off my ideas?
In addition, extraordinary circumstances can temporarily change the Basalt town manager qualifications and job description to meet today’s challenges in the rough and tough 21st century, as the U.S. economy should go into needed deflationary recession/depression for a time longer than expected. Daily I keep up with current events through primary sources in America and abroad.
As I continue my present adventure in Los Angeles, I still will rise to the top like cream and oil despite those who are contrary toward me.
Emzy Veazy III
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.