Governor to sign Colorado carbon monoxide bill | AspenTimes.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Governor to sign Colorado carbon monoxide bill

The Associated Press
Aspen, CO Colorado

DENVER ” Relatives of people who’ve died from carbon monoxide poisoning are expected to attend a bill-signing on a measure that will require many homes to have devices designed to detect the colorless, odorless gas.

Gov. Bill Ritter will sign the bill into law Tuesday. It will require all homes and apartment buildings for sale beginning July 1 to have carbon monoxide detectors near bedrooms.

Homeowners and apartment owners also will have to install detectors if they complete any major renovations or additions.

The bill is named for Lauren Johnson of Denver and the Lofgren family of Denver. The four members of the Lofgren family died of carbon monoxide poisoning while they stayed at an Aspen-area home over the Thanksgiving weekend last year.

All died from carbon monoxide poisoning.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


News


See more