Give the world’s victims a gift
November 6, 2002
This year, in light of all that is going on in our world, we need to reach out to others and show them we care. Imagine the joy of boys and girls as they open their presents on Christmas morning.
Now, imagine that joy magnified as a child who never has received a present, who has suffered because of war, disaster, illness, poverty or neglect, receives a shoe box filled to overflowing with gifts.
Please help the children who are hurting this year by giving a gift to them through Operation Christmas Child.
1. Find an empty shoe box. You can wrap it if you would like to ? lid separately.
2. Decide if your gift will be for a boy or girl and the age (2-4, 5-9, 10-14) and mark it on the box.
3. Fill the box with a variety of gifts ? some suggestions below.
Recommended Stories For You
4. Important: Please enclose a check for $5 made payable to Samaritan’s Purse to cover the shipping costs. If you do more than one box you can include a combined check for all the boxes.
5. Drop your shoe box off at the First Baptist Church in Aspen at 726 W. Francis, between Nov. 18 and 22. We will then relay them to Grand Junction to be sent on.
6. Suggested items: small toys, school supplies, hygiene items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, combs, washcloths, etc.), T-shirts, socks, caps, jewelry, hair clips, flashlights (with extra batteries), candy, etc.
Please DO NOT include used items, war toys, liquids (shampoo, etc.), medicines or breakables.
Add a note or a picture of yourself or family if you would like to.
Please call Jackie at 925-3494 for any further assistance.
With your help we can bring joy and hope to millions of children this Christmas.
Thank you for your help, and please let us all pray for world peace.