Fire burns down Telluride bakery, no one injured
Aspen, CO Colorado
TELLURIDE, Colo. – A late-night fire has destroyed a Telluride bakery that has been a staple in the town since 1975.
No injuries were reported in the blaze that began after 10 p.m. Tuesday as employees were cleaning. The Telluride Daily Planet reports the fire may have begun in a grease trap under the building’s floor but officials are still investigating.
Telluride Chief Marshal Jim Kolar told The Montrose Daily Press that firefighters tried to cut through the floor to find the source of the fire but the floor started “getting spongy.”
Hundreds of town residents gathered Tuesday night to watch the fire burn.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User