Faulty duct work blamed in Durango fire | AspenTimes.com

Faulty duct work blamed in Durango fire

The Associated PressAspen, CO Colorado

DURANGO, Colo. Authorities say faulty duct work at a restaurant caused a fire that destroyed three buildings in downtown Durango and injured firefighters.Durango Fire and Rescue Authority Fire Marshal Tom Kaufman says improperly installed duct work allowed a fire in the Seasons Rotisserie & Grill to spread to a common attic. The three buildings that shared the attic space all burned in the Feb. 22 blaze.Seven firefighters were taken to the hospital, including one who was blown into the air.The fire department and insurance companies are investigating the incident.