Family found dead in Aspen home identified | AspenTimes.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Family found dead in Aspen home identified

The Associated Press
Aspen, CO Colorado

ASPEN ” A Denver family of four found dead at an Aspen home with high levels of carbon monoxide were meeting friends for the holiday weekend, the Pitkin County Sheriff’s office said Saturday.

The family was identified as 39-year-old Parker Lofgren, 42-year-old Caroline Lofgren, and their children Owen, 10, and Sophie, 8.

Parker Lofgren was a founding partner of the Denver-based St. Charles Capital, an investment bank. The Rocky Mountain News is reporting his wife was involved with several charity boards, including Girls Incorporated of Metro Denver and the Colorado Symphony Orchestra. She also helped raise money for Historic Denver.

Sheriff spokeswoman Marie Munday said other Denver friends meeting the family at the house a few miles east of Aspen found them Friday evening.

Munday says technicians found that a malfunction of the hot water and snowmelt systems led to extreme levels of carbon monoxide. She said the family arrived at the home sometime Thursday and that investigators are trying to determine who last spoke to them.

Autopsies are pending in Grand Junction. A toxicology report could take up to two weeks, according to the coroner.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


News

Grizzly Creek Fire frazzles the nerves of evacuees

|

Three longtime residents of the lower Roaring Fork Valley talk about the sinking feeling that built Monday and Tuesday as the Grizzly Creek Fire grew. They are hoping the threat to their neighborhoods has passed.



See more