Election: Clapper holds early lead in Pitkin County commissioners race
November 4, 2014
The Pitkin County Clerk and Recorder's Office released its first round of vote tallies at 8 tonight.
Here's a recap of what the early results show:
• Challenger Patti Clapper leads incumbent Rob Ittner, 1,744 votes to 1,435, in the race for the District 1 seat on the Pitkin County Board of Commissioners.
• Markey Butler is leading the contest for Snowmass Village mayor, with 194 votes to Jason Haber's 100 votes and Arnold Mordkin's 46 votes.
• In the Snowmass Village race for Town Council, Bob Sirkus has 219 votes and Bill Madsen 196. Bill Boineau has 172. The top two vote-getters claim a seat.
• Ballot issue 1A, for the Aspen Ambulance District mil levy, has garnered 1,353 "yes" votes and 852 "no" votes.
Recommended Stories For You
• Pitkin County ballot question 1B (citizen board term limits), shows 1,510 in support and 1,414 against.
• Pitkin County ballot question 1C (conflict of interest) has 934 votes in favor, 1,821 votes opposed.
• Aspen Referendum 2A (office vacancies) has garnered 1,035 "yes" votes and 281 "no" votes.
• Aspen Referendum 2B (term limits) has 1,007 "yes" votes and 388 votes in opposition.