Election: Clapper holds early lead in Pitkin County commissioners race
The Pitkin County Clerk and Recorder’s Office released its first round of vote tallies at 8 tonight.
Here’s a recap of what the early results show:
• Challenger Patti Clapper leads incumbent Rob Ittner, 1,744 votes to 1,435, in the race for the District 1 seat on the Pitkin County Board of Commissioners.
• Markey Butler is leading the contest for Snowmass Village mayor, with 194 votes to Jason Haber’s 100 votes and Arnold Mordkin’s 46 votes.
• In the Snowmass Village race for Town Council, Bob Sirkus has 219 votes and Bill Madsen 196. Bill Boineau has 172. The top two vote-getters claim a seat.
• Ballot issue 1A, for the Aspen Ambulance District mil levy, has garnered 1,353 “yes” votes and 852 “no” votes.
• Pitkin County ballot question 1B (citizen board term limits), shows 1,510 in support and 1,414 against.
• Pitkin County ballot question 1C (conflict of interest) has 934 votes in favor, 1,821 votes opposed.
• Aspen Referendum 2A (office vacancies) has garnered 1,035 “yes” votes and 281 “no” votes.
• Aspen Referendum 2B (term limits) has 1,007 “yes” votes and 388 votes in opposition.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
The Colorado Parks and Wildlife commission voted this week to open the tract of land near Aspen for mountain lion hunting.