Early morning fire burns Vail condos
December 27, 2007
VAIL ” A fire at a townhome complex in the Intermountain neighborhood of West Vail forced about 20 residents from their homes Thursday morning.
The fire started in a fireplace at the complex, the Camelot Townhomes on Basingdale Boulevard, according to the Vail Fire Department.
The resident of the unit where the fire started reported the blaze at 1:45 a.m. The fire then burned through a wall to another unit.
About 20 people were evacuated and taken to a municipal facility for the night. They were allowed to return to their homes at about 7:15 a.m.
Two units in the eight-unit complex remain uninhabitable. Other units had smoke damage.
Damage to the unit where the fire started is estimated at $50,000.
Recommended Stories For You
No injuries were reported.