Contractor injured on Snowmass lift project | AspenTimes.com

Contractor injured on Snowmass lift project

Staff report

A contractor working on a Snowmass chairlift Monday suffered serious burns from an electric shock.

The man was an employee of a contractor hired by Aspen Skiing Co. to help with the replacement of the High Alpine chairlift. He suffered burns to his face, neck, arms and torso and was transported to Denver for further treatment, said Capt. Jeff Edelson of the Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District.

Snowmass mountain rangers responded to the incident and the Fire Department was dispatched to the scene. Edelson said it was unclear how the shock occurred. As of 5 p.m. Monday, Skico didn’t have all the details of the accident, said spokesman Jeff Hanle.

Skico is replacing the chairlift with a high-speed quad and realigning it. The work has been ongoing this summer.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.